Anderson Regional Heart Center
Accredited Chest Pain Center | Comprehensive Treatment |
Dial, Don’t Drive |
Accredited Chest Pain Center
Anderson Regional Medical Center is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology.
Anderson is the only accredited chest pain center in Meridian, and one of eight centers in Mississippi.
This accreditation demonstrates our expertise in the following areas:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring the competence and training of Accredited Chest Pain Center personnel
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack
Anderson offers patients with chest pain rapid monitoring and evaluation by a highly trained staff of cardiac specialists. Our emphasis is on rapid treatment and providing a quiet, comforting environment for the patient and family.
The Anderson Regional Heart Center team includes interventional cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, and an
electrophysiologist. Dr. David Geer
is known as the premier heart surgeon in the East Mississippi-West Alabama area, having completed more than 5,000
surgeries for heart valve disease and coronary artery bypass. Joining Dr. Geer is Dr. Awad El-Ashry
who specializes in cardiothoracic surgery and minimally invasive solutions for lung cancer, esophageal tumors,
thymic gland tumors and tumors of the chest wall. Also on the heart team is the area’s only electrophysiologist,
Dr. Attila Roka, PhD, who specializes in heart rhythm disorders.